Job title: Senior Product Support Engineer (Software Developer) – BugSnag
Company: SmartBear Software
Job description: At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Senior Product Support Engineer, BugSnag
The successful candidate will work from our Bangalore office in hybrid model.
- This position involves helping our highly technical customers use BugSnag and integrate our open source notifier libraries into their applications.
- You will get to develop in house tooling to support the team.
- You will get to take on new challenges and learn new technologies and skills.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of like-minded individuals, working with and learning a wide range of languages and frameworks.
- You may get the opportunity to work on bug fixes, or develop product enhancements in conjunction with our Platform and Backend Engineering teams.
- You may get the opportunity to mentor and guide more junior team members in their day to day activities and career development.
- You may have the opportunity to progress within the product Support Team or move directly into other areas of the business, Engineering, Product, Customer Success, Sales, over time.
BugSnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Docker, EA and Microsoft. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about .
You can even have a to check it out 😊
Product Support intro
Support services at SmartBear include self-help content (user guides, videos, tutorials, FAQ’s) and live agent support (via phone, email, screen share and chat). SmartBear offers business hours support as well as 24×7 support to its customers around the world. We have support centers around the globe to provide follow the sun support. BugSnag offers 16×5 email support for all customers, along with dedicated slack channel and screen share options for Enterprise and Gold support level customers
About the role
As a Senior Product Support Engineer you will:
You will be reporting directly to the Product Support manager and be responsible for providing in-depth technical support to our customers. You will be working closely with our development teams as part of supporting customers, gaining knowledge of our systems and increasing your technical skill set. We take our customers’ problems very seriously, and providing quick, friendly help to our users is a top priority throughout the company.
- Troubleshoot, perform in-depth investigations and solve technical support issues with external customers (via email, GitHub, screenshare, live chat etc)
- Collaborate with and be a point of contact for fellow support colleagues and other internal organisations (e.g. development) to identify and propose solutions, achieving superior customer service
- Identify fixes to bugs and define tasks for these to be implemented either by this support team or by other engineering teams
- Obtain the necessary knowledge and skills to become a SME in our product, systems and supported languages and frameworks
- Develop tools and enhance documentation to improve our support processes
- Look for ways to improve productivity of issue resolution and better ways to help our customers
This is a fantastic opportunity, to experience and work extremely closely with multiple highly trained and distinct teams to understand exactly which areas of the software lifecycle you are passionate about.
We are looking for you if you have :
- A personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- Proficiency when reading, writing and speaking English
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new concepts and technologies
- Experience as a mid-level software engineer or equivalent, working with multiple programming languages
- Commercial experience of developing in at least 2 of the following categories of development languages:
- Mobile: e.g. Android / Obj-C / Swift / React Native / Unity
- Scripting: e.g. Python / Ruby / PHP
- Server: e.g. Java / Go / .NET
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization – an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry(product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 00:01:11 GMT