Job title: Senior Software Engineer- Ruby developer
Company: SmartBear Software
At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr and PactFlow are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Senior Software Engineer
- Development of the main PactFlow platform in cooperation with other software engineers, UX designers and product managers.
- Help us build software that supports 16 million engineers
- Ruby, Node, Microservices, TDD
PactFlow makes testing and deploying microservices at scale, simple and worry free for thousands of developers and testers around the world. We value learning and growth, good use of technology, helping our customers and contribute to the Open Source community. We envision a modern world that doesn’t worry about deployments and are building the most loved contract testing solutions for developers, with the broadest and deepest technology support, and features that enables them to work at scale.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key engineer within the PactFlow team that will drive one of the world’s best solutions for API testing. You can look forward to working with our best and brightest engineers, product managers, and UX designers.
- Implementing new functionality in close cooperation with stakeholders.
- Build well designed, clean applications with solid technical foundations.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Create and maintain technical and support documentation.
- Technical lead and mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Make use of TDD or BDD to ensure high quality of code.
You believe in simple code, straightforward explanations and you take pride in writing well tested and readable code while applying methodical approach to solving complex technical challenges. You enjoy learning and honing your craft in collaboration with your peers and would like to contribute to the open source community (if not already doing so!). You understand that developing a product is a team sport and collaboration and communication is essential to its success.
- 3+ Months of Experience with Ruby
- Experience in Node in an Agile and TDD environment
- Understanding of continuous delivery processes and tooling
- Understanding of Highly Available systems and web scale architectures
- Experience with multiple database technologies such PostgreSQL and DynomoDB
- Experience with AWS technologies, and infrastructure as code (e.g. Cloudformation, RDS, ECS, Cognito)
- Comfortable with event driven and microservice architectures.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization – an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry(product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 08:54:36 GMT